- Yields 4 servings
- Total Time 1 hour
- Prep Time 0 minutes
- Cook Time 1 hour
Impressive to look at yet oh-so-easy to make, this vanilla-and-chocolate treat is perfect for any celebration!
- 9 whole sheets chocolate graham crackers, finely ground (1½ cups)
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp + 1¾ c sugar
- 2 1/2 oz semisweet chocolate
- 4 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temp.
- 4 eggs
- 3 c sour cream
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 30 oz Pirouette cookies, from 13.5- cont.
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- Plain and chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Ribbon (optional)
- Position racks in center and lower third of the oven. Heat oven to 325°F. Coat 9″x3″ springform pan with cooking spray. Mix crumbs, butter, and 2 Tbsp. sugar; press into the bottom of the pan. Bake until set, 10 min. Cool. Put the roasting pan on lower rack; fill halfway with water.
- Chop 2 oz. semisweet chocolate. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate in 15-sec. intervals until melted. On medium speed, beat cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups sugar until just smooth. On low speed, beat in eggs, then 1 cup sour cream and flour. Stir 1 1/2 cups batter into melted chocolate. Spoon half of the plain batter into crust; dollop chocolate batter on top. Spoon remaining plain batter on top. Bake on center rack until center jiggles slightly, 1 hr., 10 min. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake inside with the door closed for 1 hr. Run a knife around the edge to loosen; cool on rack 2 hrs. Heat oven to 325°F. Mix remaining sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Spread over cheesecake. Bake until set, 10 min. Cool. Cover; chill at least 4 hrs.
- Remove side of pan; place the cake on a plate. Trim cookies to measure 1/4″ above the cake. Melt chocolate chips; stir in 4 tsp. warm water until smooth. Working with a quarter of cake at a time, spread the white chocolate on the side; press on cookies. Chop remaining semisweet chocolate; melt and stir in 1 tsp. warm water. Drizzle over cake. Top with chocolate-dipped strawberries. If desired, tie with ribbon